We advocate for student needs and concerns to the PPCC administrators.
2021 Student Government Association Elections
SGA Elections were conducted on Tuesday, April 13, and Wednesday, April 14 via a Survey Monkey link that was emailed to all students from the PPCC Student Government Association account.
628 students voted - making this the second-highest student turnout for SGA elections at PPCC!
- SGA President: Jalen Johnson (92.36%)
- SGA Vice-President: Vacant
- SGA Speaker of the Senate: TBD - Elected via internal election at first Senate Meeting
- SGA Secretary/Treasurer (Appointed Position): John Burmeister
- PPCC State Student Advisory Council (SSAC) Representative: Paul Jimenez, Jr. (93.79%)
- Diversity & Equity Senator: Iona Wooden (91.08%)
- Downtown Studio Campus Senator: Brendon King (83.76%)
- Events & Activities Senator: Tassai Pemberton (95.06%)
- Military Connections Senator: Phillip Benoist ( 90.61%)
- Rampart Range Senator: Jaslyn Buchanan (59.55%, Winner) John Burmeister (35.67%)
Green Fee Initiative
Yes (70.70%) No (29.30%)
“Shall the non-permanent student activity fee (“Student Fee”) be continued for all students at a rate of $0.39 per credit hour, per semester, for the purpose of continuing funding for a full-time Sustainability Coordinator position and operating budget, and shall the Student Fee become a permanent fee? The Sustainability Coordinator’s responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, educating students on achieving a sustainable lifestyle, managing the recycling and bus pass program, coordinating the Centennial Campus garden, integrating sustainability concepts and practices into curriculum, student and public engagement, and planning and administration. The Student Fee shall be subject to annual increases tied to the Denver-Aurora-Lakewood Consumer Price Index.”
Our Mission Statement
The Student Government Association at Pikes Peak Community College is the official representative voice for our student body. We seek to create an environment of growth and success through the guidance and development of character, and by promoting change in favor of the interests, needs, and welfare of the student.
2019-2020 Student Government Association Officers
Interested in SGA?
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the Student Government Association is currently holding all meetings virtually. If you have a topic that you would like to be discussed at any upcoming SGA meeting, please provide us with your email and topic in the comment box below, or contact the SGA advisor.
Our current constitution for the Pikes Peak Community College Student Government Association.
Interested in joining a club? Check out our Clubs and Organizations page!
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, our presence on campus will be limited. You can contact us via email by visiting our officers page, or through our comment box below.