The DMVP empowers military personnel, veterans, and their families to achieve their academic, career, and personal goals. We do this by:
- Providing quality support services
- Building collaborative relationships with local military bases and community service providers
- Collaboration: We will leverage all and everything to get to the best result for our students and people.
- Integrity: We will be true in all we do, and we will always try to do the right thing.
- Student Focus: Student success at PPCC is why we are here, and we will keep focus on the student in all that we do.
- Dedication to Excellence: If we are going to do something, we will do it well and with excellence.
We are a proud institutional member of the following organizations that support Military & Veteran Education:
CO-ACME (Colorado Advisory Council on Military Education)
NAIMES (National Association of Institutions for Military Education Services)
CCME (Council of College and Military Educators)
NAVPA (National Association of Veteran Program Administrators)
SOC (Service members Opportunity College 2-year institution)
MVP is your go-to source for assistance with:
- On-post, on-base compressed general education classes in eight-week and other shorter formats designed to fit the schedule of active duty military.
- College application, enrollment and student portal training as well as general college information.
- Academic advising on how to use your benefits to ensure benefit eligibility.
- Evaluation of Active Duty Military Training for College Credit (Prior Learning Assessment).
- Tutoring and academic support through Veterans Upward Bound (VUB).
- Community-based referrals for non-educational assistance.
- Engagement in military and veteran related programming and events, including Veterans Day observations.
- Membership in the Student Veterans of America Club. If interested, contact: email@example.com.
- Military withdrawal from classes due to duty conflict.
- Discounted spouse tuition for classes taken on military sites (active duty spouse must also be concurrently enrolled in on-site classes).
- Scholarship opportunities through our Institutional Member organizations.
2021-2022 Military Friendly® Schools
Pikes Peak Community College has been awarded the Bronze distinction for its exceptional military and veteran programs. The Military Friendly® list uses data from federal agencies, public sources and proprietary survey information from participating institutions.
Download your copy of our viewbook to learn more about our programs and how you can find your way to rewarding careers with Pikes Peak Community College.
Military Times Best For Vets: Colleges 2021
Pikes Peak Community College has been recognized by MilitaryTimes.com as making the "Best Colleges" list for 2021. MilitaryTimes.com creates it s rankings based off multiple factors including cost, student support, and academic quality.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.