What is the GEM Program?
General Education Mobile is an online education program that provides to CCAF students links to regionally accredited partnership education institutions which provide freshman/sophmore level general education courses. These courses fulfill the 15 semester hours of the CCAF Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree general education requirements.
All GEM courses are available through online media. This allows enrolled students to complete their PPCC coursework anywhere their AFSC may take them as long as internet connectivity is available. The online course availability reduces the impact PCS', TDYs, deployments and family commitments can have on completing a CCAF degree.
GEM students enroll in online classes to complete the five general education disciplines - Oral Communications, Written Communications, Mathematics, Social Science, Humanities - required by the CCAF Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree. PPCC GEM Courses have been approved by the CCAF for use in the GEM Program. This ensures students will experience the best education opportunity available.
All Five Courses in One Year
PPCC GEM online courses are offered through the Community College of Colorado Online Program (CCCOnline). Most courses are offered in a six-week format. Airmen enrolled in the PPCC GEM Program can complete their five required courses in one calendar year; provided they do not need to complete developmental / prerequisite courses. The GEM Course Chart for each semester lists available, CCAF approved courses.
Enroll in a PPCC GEM Course
In five easy steps
- Step 1 – Establish your education goal in your Air Force Virtual Education Center (AFVEC) account. Be sure to attend a Tuition Assistance (TA) briefing offered through your local education center.
- Step 2 – Complete an online PPCC Application. There is no application fee and the process takes just a few minutes. Your application will be approved within 24 – 48 hours after submittal.
- Step 3 – After admissions to PPCC you may need to complete the PPCC Placement Test. Several options to taking the placement test are available.
- Step 4 – After completing the placement test and any necessary prerequisite courses, review the GEM Course Chart for the desired semester ( fall, spring, summer ) to select your course. Note the Course Reference Number (CRN) for the desired course. The CRN is needed when you register for the class. Also note the important dates and the tuition charge. Tuition information will be needed when you apply for your TA.
- Step 5 – Apply for TA using your AFVEC account. Once your TA has been approved, print a copy of the approval and keep it for your records. You DO NOT need to send a copy to PPCC.
- Login to the PPCC Student Portal - myPPCC
- Enroll in a PPCC Gem Course using a CRN
- Tuition and Fee Information
- Textbook information and ordering.
- Review your course requirements and activities.
- Keep record of completed PPCC GEM courses.
- Order an official PPCC transcript to send to CCAF.
If you have any questions concerning the PPCC GEM Program, please contact PPCC at MVP@PPCC.edu. Thanks for choosing PPCC as your GEM course provider. Good luck!