Seeing the Big Picture
Understand the cost of the entire medical education experience. (UC Denver medical schools grads may get out with $155,000 of debt on top of their AA/AS and BA/BS debt.) Start researching medical school scholarships now. Some scholarships require applications six months to a year or more in advance.
While you are at PPCC you can make an appointment with a Financial Aid counselor to understand your options both while at PPCC and when you transfer to a four-year college or university. Make an appointment today through your Navigate account or Enrollment Services. (719-502-3000).
Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education - Professional Student Exchange Program (PSEP)
- Enables students in 10 western states to enroll in selected out-of-state graduate professional healthcare programs and pay reduced tuition. States typically fund students to enroll through PSEP if a professional healthcare program is not available at one of their in-state public institutions.
- Competitive Applications
- Home state determines which fields it will support and the number of seats funded
- Deadline: October 15 of the year prior to application
- Colorado requires service-payback of 4 years of practice after graduation
Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP)
- Allows master’s, graduate certificate, and Ph.D. students who are residents of the WICHE member states to enroll in some 450 high-quality programs at 61 participating institutions outside of their home state and pay resident tuition.
- In fall 2016, 1,567 students enrolled through WRGP and saved an estimated $23.3 million dollars in tuition, and each student saved an average of $14,900 annually.
Military Opportunities for Med School Funding
The Health Professions Scholarship Program (HPSP) offers prospective military physicians, dentists, nurse practition