Why Choose Physics at PPCC?
Choosing to study physics at PPCC will provide you with the necessary background to transfer to a four-year school. You will study chemistry, develop an understanding of computer science, articulate ideas of classical physics, and learn the language of mathematics. Physics is a prerequisite to any in-depth study of the sciences and technologies and it leads to careers in variety of industries, including engineering, astronomy, medical research, astronautics and geophysics.
What do PPCC Physics students study?
The physics program at PPCC provides students the prerequisites they need for the in-depth study of science and technology, preparing them for transfer to a four-year school. As a physics student at PPCC, you will:
- Study chemistry and learn the basics of measurement, matter, chemical formulas, reactions, and equations.
- Learn about differential equations with an emphasis on problem solving, and applications.
- Develop an understanding of computer science and programming, algorithm development, and data representation.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Articulate the ideas of classical physics both in everyday language and in the language of mathematics.
- Produce both numerical and symbolic solutions to problems using the techniques of mathematics and the concepts of classical physics.
- Apply physics concepts and equations to real-world problems and design challenges.
- Design scientific experiments, collect and analyze data, and formulate conclusions.
Classes You Might Take
With a physics degree from PPCC, students are prepared to transfer to a four-year school and pursue their bachelor’s degree or advanced degree. Some of the careers open to physics graduates include:
- Computer Science/Computer Engineering
- Medical Fields
“Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
– Albert Einstein